Getting started reading and drawing with your loved ones on Caribu is easy!
To get started, download the Caribu App to your phone or tablet:
1) Find Caribu in the Apple App Store (for iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch) or in the Google Play Store (for Android phones and tablets).
2) Select the Caribu App, and download it to your device.
For supported browsers and versions, please see supported browsers
For your first time using the Caribu App:
1) Using your internet browser, go to https://app.caribu.com/
2) If your device requests permission for Caribu to access the camera press “OK” so that you can use your device’s camera on Caribu Video-Calls.
3) Tap the “Sign Up” button. If you've already created an account on a mobile device, click "Already have an Account, Sign In."
Create Your Account:
1) Fill in your name, email, and password to create an account.
2) When this section is filled, tap “Continue to Next Step.” *Don’t forget to save your password so you can log in on other devices.
3) Next, you can choose to add family members so you can connect with them.
You can also do this later in the app if you’d like to wait.
4) The next step is to allow camera and microphone permissions.
Adding a Contact
Add a friend or family member so you can make a Video-Call:
1) Just tap on the big green "Family" button in the blue Menu Bar on the bottom of the screen, and then on the "Add a Contact" button to send an invitation to a relative and add them to your Caribu contacts.
2) Select email, or Caribu ID (if they have one already). Your device will help you set up a message to send. Complete the message and hit "Send."
Your contact will also need to create an account and log in. Once they accept your invitation from within Caribu, you'll see their name appear in your contact list. Now you can call each other!
Computers & Laptops
1) Verify your audio and camera permissions are allowed for Caribu. Click here to check your browser settings.
Once you're connected, just tap on their contact to make a video-call and start reading and drawing together while seeing and hearing each other through video.